Wednesday, October 5, 2016

ten things september taught me

Goodbye September.  Hello October.

For a week now I've been trying to write a "what September taught me" post.  Thus far I've written four.  they all sucked. So, instead, a list. 


  - "There's how you break up with someone, and then the rest of the world"  My eldest, upon asking for advice on ending a relationship without hurting anyone.  MY ELDEST ASKED ME FOR RELATIONSHIP ADVICE.


 - "What do you do for fun?"  - Oh, hell.  Least favorite question ever. I don't know.  Well, now I do, but I didn't.  I gave up doing me things in order to take care of family things. It took me a while to figure out what I do that is fun.  So, I fix my house.  I garden.  I watch old sitcoms. I cuddle with my dog. Sometimes, I sew.  All these things are fun.

 - Appearance matters.  If you look around at where you want to be and see NO ONE with pink hair, glitter, or visible tattoos, you have to work twice as hard to present the look and attitude expected of where you want to be.  and it will most likely take twice as long to get to where you want to be.  But I'll be damned if I give up pink hair, glitter, and tattoos.

 - I don't miss being "with" somebody.  I miss having someone to text all the stupid little funnies that happen everyday.

  - I want adventures. I want laughter.  I want hikes with dogs and stars and coffee and painting.  I want someone to lead and someone who will follow.  I want cozy nights at home. I want someone who isn't impressed that I drink whiskey. I want forehead kisses and a clean kitchen.  Mostly, I want laughter. and adventure. Someone to remind me there's life outside my bubble.

 - New wifi password everyday = amazing increase amount of chores done willingly.

 - Single Kristin = increased whiskey consumption.

 - Tommy and I both need to get out more.  So. baby steps.  longer walks. everyday.

 - Sleep matters.  A regular sleep schedule makes every day a bit better.

 - Guys that blush.  yeah. I like those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment