Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fly On My Wall - tech week dreams

Inevitably I dream about the show I'm working on during tech.

One show I dreamt a set piece dropped on two of my favorite actors, killing them.  I wouldn't stop the show (intermission was only ten minutes away.)

Earlier this week I dreamt I lost an actor. Seriously. She disappeared. Gone.


Last night I found myself sitting in the almost empty theater, moonlight streaming in through an unshuttered window. The stage was a mess. Half finished wagons, masking flats, benches and tents strewn about.

Standing at the edge of the stage were the three people who know me better than anyone else alive. These three people have never been in the same room at the same time, and I'd like to keep it that way.

They were arguing.  Arguing about the best way to get the beast of a scene change done. Especially when the set wasn't even finished.

As I sat there dumbfounded they continued to disagree about the order in which to move the pieces.

One of them noticed me and left the argument to come sit next to me. They informed me that the actress had been found, she'd been stuck in a time vortex between the interior and exterior sides of the door. They'd closed the vortex so no one else would get lost.  She'd be fine, but I'd need to keep an eye on her.

We sat in silence together watching the other two do the scene change. When it was complete they smiled and vanished.

Next to me, I heard, "You got this, and I'm too busy for this nonsense."

When I started to protest that I didn't ask for help they just handed me my sweater, drank the last of my coffee, reminded me to cover my tattoos and walked away.

Seriously subconscious? What the...?

No comments:

Post a Comment