Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fly On My Wall - it's just...Differenter


Littlest: Mom
ma? Why are you making all the grown-up candy first this year?

Me: Because I want to send some to my friend, and he's far away.

Littlest: oh…Okay…..Wouldn't you be happier if he lived here?

Me, laughing: No, pumpkin. I don't want him to live here. Then I'd have to see him all the time.

Littlest, confused: oh. You don't want him to see him all the time? Doesn’t he make you happy?

Me: yes, he does.  But no, I don't…I wish I saw him more, but not all the time. I like being alone and I like spending my time with you guys and my friends...I don't want to fit in time for him too.

Littlest: You talk to him every day...

Me, smiling: not every day, but yes, most days. But talking is way less time consuming than him actually being here. Does that make sense?

Littlest: yeah. It's just..differenter...

Me: yes, it is.  But differenter is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment