Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fly On My Wall - reasons for smiles ii


~~
smallest child: "I like hugging you right before you go out with friends."
me: "Oh? Why?"
smallest child: "Because you smell good."

~~

"...yes i really do want to know."

~~

Boy: "My mom likes superheros...well....Mostly just Thor and Captain America....so, really just the blonde avengers."

~~

Me: "How was your first day of school?"
Eldest child: "So, my music teacher was impressed that I knew the choral warm-ups
...and she was impressed you were my mom
...then all the boys were impressed that you're friends with the guy who makes the superheros fly in Marvel Universe Live
...I have the coolest mom. ever."

~~

"Did I mention it makes me happy when I see the little green light blinking on my phone that means someone sent me a message?"

~~

Me: "How was school?"
Smallest child: "Shiny."

~~

*watching Firefly together*
Smallest child: "what's a whore?"
Me:".........someone who gets paid for sex."
Smallest child: "okay. thanks."

1 comment:

  1. The "Whats a whore" question reminds me of my little cousin (he's 10) telling me that the worst swear word he knew was B-L-U-T. When I said, "Blut???" he looked alarmed and said, "DON'T SAY IT ALOUD!" So I asked his mom, and we were trying to figure it out, and his mom told him that I had been swearing, and I replied that I said "Blut," and my cousin looked completely horrified and appalled! We finally figured out he was thinking of "slut." :P

    ReplyDelete